Western Sahara Geography, Politics, and Culture

As its name suggests, Western Sahara is a sparsely populated area of mostly desert located on the northwest coast of Africa. It is considered a disputed territory with 20% of its land claimed by the Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic (self-proclaimed as such), and the remaining 80% by neighboring Morocco. A buffer strip, or “berm” with landmines and fortifications, stretches the length of the disputed territory and separates the Moroccan-administered western portion from the eastern area controlled by the Polisario Front.

The indigenous population is usually known as Sahrawis, but they are also referred to as “Southern Berbers”. They have mixed Berber-Arab heritage and are traditionally nomadic Bedouins with a lifestyle very similar to that of the Tuareg Berbers from whom they are believed to have descended. The region is home to phosphate reserves and rich fishing grounds off its coast and is also believed to have as yet untapped offshore oil deposits.

  • Limited Liability
  • Corporation
  • Partnership
  • AngloAmerican International Bancorp
  • Cajamar Ltd
  • Cleveland IBU Ltd
  • First Delta East bancorp
  • Ibercaja International De Africa Ltd
  • Interbanco International Ltd
  • Marcus International Bank Ltd
  • New River Bank Ltd (NRB LTD)
  • Unicaja Limited

Aadmi can support you with your expansion to Western Sahara. Our team of experts in country manage every aspect of your expansion from incorporation, accounting, legal, and even administrative concerns.  Matched with Global People Strategist’s powerful labor compliance software, your company is in good hands.

Contact us today for more information about how your company can benefit from using Aadmi as your global expansion partner.

September 10, 2022
What Is Corporate Maintenance? Corporate maintenance is the practice of complying with the record-keeping requirements a country or a regional government imposes on a corpo...
August 26, 2022
When you are expanding into global markets, one of the first things you need to look into is the tax system. From withholding tax laws for payroll to service taxes, there a...
July 28, 2022
Aadmi Aadmi is a full-service HR consultancy firm and a global expansion/retraction partner that companies can rely upon when expanding into or moving out of another countr...
June 21, 2022
Whether you have already expanded into another country and are hiring local resources or simply wish to draw from a foreign talent pool, there are a few things you need to ...
Not found