Sudan Politics, Economy, Geography, and Culture
On July 9, 2011, South Sudan gained independence from Sudan as the outcome of a 2005 agreement ending Africa’s longest-running civil war. Its economy is heavily dependent on agriculture and the region also contains many natural resources such as petroleum, iron ore, copper, chromium ore, zinc, tungsten, mica, silver, gold, and diamonds.
The Bandingilo National Park is the location of the second-largest wildlife migration in the world, providing habitat for large populations of hartebeest, kob, topi, buffalo, elephants, giraffes, and lions. It has a tropical climate and is covered in tropical forests, swamps, and grassland.
South Sudan has a population of about 11 million people, with one of the highest numbers of young people on the African continent. It is also one of the most diverse countries in Africa and home to more than 60 different ethnic groups, and the majority of its people follow traditional religions, such as Christianity and Islam. English is its official language with several other recognized indigenous languages also spoken.
|May 1||May Day|
|May 13||Eid al-Fitr|
|May 16||SPLA Day|
|July 9||Independence Day|
|July 20||Eid al-Adha|
|July 30||Martyrs Day|
|December 25||Christmas Day|
- Limited Liability
- Corporate Tax: N/A
- Income Tax (Lowest Marginal Rate): N/A
- Income Tax (Highest Marginal Rate): N/A
- VAT/GST/Sales Tax: N/A
- Agricultural Bank of Sudan (Commercial Bank)
- Al Shamal Islamic Bank (Commercial Bank)
- Bank of Khartoum (Commercial Bank)
- Family Bank (Commercial Bank)
- Industrial Development Bank (Commercial Bank)
- National Bank of Sudan (Commercial Bank)
- Qatar National Bank (Commercial Bank)
- Buffalo Commercial Bank (Commercial Bank)
- Commercial Bank of Ethiopia (Commercial Bank)
- Equity Bank (South Sudan) (Commercial Bank)
- International Commercial Bank (Commercial Bank)
- Ivory Bank (Commercial Bank)
- Kenya Commercial Bank (South Sudan) (Commercial Bank)
- Nile Commercial Bank (Commercial Bank)
Aadmi can support you with your expansion to Sudan. Our team of experts in country manage every aspect of your expansion from incorporation, accounting, legal, and even administrative concerns. Matched with Global People Strategist’s powerful labor compliance software, your company is in good hands.
Contact us today for more information about how your company can benefit from using Aadmi as your global expansion partner.