Mauritania is a largely desert-country in western Africa with a population of about 3.6 million, most of whom practice Islam and speak Arabic and French. It is rich in mineral resources, especially iron and ore. Its demographics include Arab-Berber population to the north and black Africans to the south. Many of its people are nomads.
Agriculture and livestock still constitute most people’s sources for a livelihood, although most of the nomads and many subsistence farmers migrated to the cities due to recurrent droughts in the 1970s and 1980s. Mauritania’s extensive deposits of iron ore accounts for almost 50% of total exports, and gold and copper mining also contribute extensively to the economy.
|May 1||Labor Day / May Day|
|May 13||Eid ul Fitr|
|May 25||Africa Day|
|July 20||Eid ul Adha|
|August 10||Muharram/Islamic New Year|
|October 19||Milad un Nabi (Mawlid)|
|November 28||Independence Day|
- Limited Liability
- Corporate Tax: N/A
- Income Tax (Lowest Marginal Rate): N/A
- Income Tax (Highest Marginal Rate): N/A
- VAT/GST/Sales Tax: N/A
- BNP Paribas (BNP)
- Société Générale (SGM)
- Chinguitty Bank
- Banque pour le Commerce et l’Investissement en Mauritanie (BACIM)
- Banque El Amana (BEA)
- Banque Al Wava Mauritanienne Islamique (BAMIS)
- Générale de Banque de Mauritanie (GBM)
- Banque pour le Commerce et l’Investissement (BCI)
- Banque Mauritanienne pour le Commerce International (BMCI)
- Banque Nationale de Mauritanie (BNM)
Aadmi can support you with your expansion to Mauritania. Our team of experts in country manage every aspect of your expansion from incorporation, accounting, legal, and even administrative concerns. Matched with Global People Strategist’s powerful labor compliance software, your company is in good hands.
Contact us today for more information about how your company can benefit from using Aadmi as your global expansion partner.