Haiti is a country in the Caribbean, on the island of Hispaniola, which it shares with the Dominican Republic. As the poorest nation in the Western hemisphere, it is further impeded in its progress by its susceptibility to natural calamities (such as a devastating earthquake in 2010), as well as many other hurdles against economic development. It was the first independent nation in the region, having led the first successful revolt against slavery in the 18th century. The rebellion began in 1791, led by a former slave and the first black general in the French Army, Toussaint Louverture.
Haiti’s population is estimated at 10.6 million, with several racial and ethnic groups, with blacks comprising the majority. Both French and Creole are the nation’s official languages. Haiti has a rich and diverse cultural identity, with influences from Spain, France and Africa. Festivals such as Carnival play a major role in Haitian religious and cultural traditions.
|April 2||Good Friday|
|May 1||Agriculture and Labor Day|
|May 18||Flag Day/University Day|
|May 30||Mother’s Day|
|October 17||Dessalines Day|
|November 18||Vertières Day|
|December 25||Christmas Day|
- Limited Liability
- Corporate Tax: 30%
- Income Tax (Lowest Marginal Rate): 0%
- Income Tax (Highest Marginal Rate): 30%
- VAT/GST/Sales Tax: 10%
- Fonkoze (Local Bank)
- Capital Bank (Haiti) (Commercial Bank)
- Sogebank (Commercial Bank)
- Capital Bank: Bank of New York (NY) (Foreign Bank)
- BPH: Bank of America (NC), Citibank International (NY) (Foreign Bank)
- BUH: Bank of New York (NY) , First Union (FL) (Foreign Bank)
- BNC: Bank of New York (NY)(NC) (Foreign Bank)
- Sogebank: Bank of America (FL and NY) (Foreign Bank)
- Unibank: Bank of America (FL), Bank of New York (NY), JPMorgan Chase Bank (FL) (Foreign Bank)
- Banque de l’Union Haïtienne (Private Bank)
- Unibank (Haiti) (Private Bank)
- Citi (Private Bank)
Aadmi can support you with your expansion to Haiti. Our team of experts in country manage every aspect of your expansion from incorporation, accounting, legal, and even administrative concerns. Matched with Global People Strategist’s powerful labor compliance software, your company is in good hands.
Contact us today for more information about how your company can benefit from using Aadmi as your global expansion partner.