Gambia Geography, Economy, and Culture
A small country, The Gambia borders the Atlantic Ocean and Senegal on the western coast of Africa. The river Gambia, the country’s namesake, flows through the center of The Gambia and empties into the Atlantic Ocean. It is a fairly narrow country and is less than 50 kilometres (31 miles) wide at its widest point.
Economically, The Gambia relies on traditional subsistence agriculture and peanut export for most of its earnings, although tourism and money sent home by the diaspora form the basis of their foreign exchange reserves.
There are many ethnic groups with strong cultures and languages living in the region, including the Mandinka, the Fula, and Wolof, among others. The majority of its population practices Islam.
|April 2||Good Friday|
|April 5||Easter Monday|
|May 1||Labour Day|
|May 8||Lailat al-Qadr|
|May 13||Eid al-Fitr|
|May 25||Africa Day|
|July 20||Eid al-Adha|
|August 15||Assumption of Mary|
|October 19||The Prophet’s Birthday|
|December 25||Christmas Day|
- Limited Liability
- Corporate Tax: 31%
- Income Tax (Lowest Marginal Rate): 0%
- Income Tax (Highest Marginal Rate): 30%
- VAT/GST/Sales Tax: N/A
- Oceanic Bank (Gambia) Limited. (Local Bank)
- Prime Bank (Gambia) Ltd (Local Bank)
- Skye Bank (Gambia) Ltd (Local Bank)
- Ecobank (Gambia) Ltd (Local Bank)
- Access Bank plc (Commercial Bank)
- Arab Gambian Islamic Bank (Commercial Bank)
- Bank PHB (Commercial Bank)
- Banque Sahélo-Saharienne pour l’Investissement et le Commerce (Commercial Bank)
- Ecobank (Commercial Bank)
- First International Bank (Commercial Bank)
- International Commercial Bank (Commercial Bank)
- Guaranty Trust Bank (Commercial Bank)
- Prime Bank (Gambia) (Commercial Bank)
- Skye Bank (Commercial Bank)
- Standard Chartered Bank (Commercial Bank)
- Trust Bank Limited (Gambia) (Commercial Bank)
- Zenith Bank (Commercial Bank)
Aadmi can support you with your expansion to Gambia. Our team of experts in country manage every aspect of your expansion from incorporation, accounting, legal, and even administrative concerns. Matched with Global People Strategist’s powerful labor compliance software, your company is in good hands.
Contact us today for more information about how your company can benefit from using Aadmi as your global expansion partner.