Gabon is located on the west coast of central Africa, and is bordered by Congo, Cameroon, and Equatorial Guinea. As a former French colony, its population of 1.5 million inhabitants speak French and Bantu-group languages and the majority are Christians.
As an oil-producing country, Gabon is one of the most prosperous countries in Sub-Saharan Africa but due to income inequality, a large portion of its population remains in poverty. Other natural resources include magnesium, iron, gold, uranium, and forests.
Gabon is making strenuous efforts to preserve their natural riches. In 2002, President Omar Bongo Ondimba classified about 10% of the nation’s territory to be part of its national park system (with 13 parks in total), one of the largest proportions of nature parkland in the world. Its wildlife includes forest elephants, buffalo, various antelope and monkey species, sitatungas, leopards, three species of crocodiles, chimpanzees and gorillas, and several marine turtle species which nest along the coast.
|April 4||Easter Sunday|
|April 5||Easter Monday|
|April 17||Women’s Rights Day|
|May 1||Labour Day|
|May 13||Eid al-Fitr|
|May 24||Whit Monday|
|July 20||Eid al-Adha|
|August 15||Assumption of Mary|
|August 16||Independence Day|
|August 17||Independence Day|
|November 1||All Saints’ Eve|
|December 25||Christmas Day|
- Limited Liability
- Corporate Tax: 35%
- Income Tax (Lowest Marginal Rate): 5%
- Income Tax (Highest Marginal Rate): 35%
- VAT/GST/Sales Tax: 18%
- Alios Finance (Commercial Bank)
- Banque de l’Habitat du Gabon (BHG) (Commercial Bank)
- Banque Gabonaise de Developpement (BGD) (Commercial Bank)
- BGFI Bank (Commercial Bank)
- Banque Internationale pour le Commerce et l’Industrie au
- Gabon (BICIG) (Commercial Bank)
- Citibank (Commercial Bank)
- Ecobank (Commercial Bank)
- ETS Finatra (Commercial Bank)
- La Financiere Africaine de Micro-Projects (FINAM) (Commercial Bank)
- Financial Bank Gabon (Commercial Bank)
- FINATRA (Commercial Bank)
- SOGACA (Commercial Bank)
- Union Gabonaise de Banque (UGB) (Commercial Bank)
- Banque Gabonaise et Française Internationale (Commercial Bank)
- Banque Internationale pour le Gabon (Commercial Bank)
- Banque Nationale de Crédit Rural (Commercial Bank)
- Banque Populaire du Gabon (Commercial Bank)
- United Bank for Africa (Commercial Bank)
Aadmi can support you with your expansion to Gabon. Our team of experts in country manage every aspect of your expansion from incorporation, accounting, legal, and even administrative concerns. Matched with Global People Strategist’s powerful labor compliance software, your company is in good hands.
Contact us today for more information about how your company can benefit from using Aadmi as your global expansion partner.