Estonia History, Economy, and Culture
A former Soviet state on the Baltic Sea, Estonia gained its independence in 1991 with the fall of the Soviet Union. It is currently considered one of the success stories on the Baltic with an advanced and high-income economy. Estonians receive many benefits from the state, similar to western European countries, such as universal healthcare, free education, and extended maternity leave.
Estonia is one of the first countries to offer elections over the internet and also offers e-residency, which allows non-Estonians to access services such as company formations, banking, and taxation remotely, via a smart card in order to sign documents.
Its language, Estonian, is very closely related to Finnish, as is its cultural identity where many people identify with both Nordic as well as Baltic countries. For example, the sauna culture incorporates elements from its neighbors in Scandinavia. Estonia celebrates independence on February 24th each year.
|April 2||Good Friday|
|April 4||Easter Sunday|
|May 1||Labor Day|
|June 23||Victory Day|
|June 24||Midsummer Day|
|August 20||Independence Restoration Day|
|December 24||Christmas Eve|
|December 25||Christmas Day|
|December 26||Boxing Day|
- FIE (Füüsilisest isikust ettevõtja)
- UÜ (Usaldusühing)
- TÜ (Täisühing)
- OÜ (Osaühing)
- AS (Aktsiaselts)
- MTÜ (Mittetulundusühing)
- Corporate Tax: 0%, (20% on dividends), (14% on regular dividends)
- Income Tax (Lowest Marginal Rate): 20%, (+ 33% social tax), (0% on dividends), (7% on regular dividends)
- Income Tax (Highest Marginal Rate): 20%, (+ 33% social tax), (0% on dividends), (7% on regular dividends)
- VAT/GST/Sales Tax: 20% (standard rate), 9% (reduced rate)
- Coop Pank
- Holm Bank
- LHV Pank
- Luminor Bank
- SEB Pank
- TBB pank
- Citadele banka Eesti filiaal
- Folkefinans AS Eesti filiaal
- Pohola Bank olc Eesti filiaal
- Nordea Bank Abp Eesti filiaal
- TF Bank AB (publ.) Eesti filiaal
Aadmi can support you with your expansion to Estonia. Our team of experts in country manage every aspect of your expansion from incorporation, accounting, legal, and even administrative concerns. Matched with Global People Strategist’s powerful labor compliance software, your company is in good hands.
Contact us today for more information about how your company can benefit from using Aadmi as your global expansion partner.