Congo-Kinshasa Culture, Economics, and Politics
The Democratic Republic of Congo is a nation in central Africa neighboring the Republic of Congo to the east, the Central African Republic to the north, South Sudan to the northeast, Burundi, Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania to the east and Zambia and Angola to the south. It is the second largest African country by land mass. Over 60 percent of the country is forested and has a wide range of natural resources such as minerals, agricultural capacity, hydroelectric power capacity, as well as timber.
As a poor country, DRC also has had the longest running current political conflict affecting the world today. These wars have involved 9 African armies and numerous armed gangs. Ethnic groups are mostly Bantu, with the largest being Luba, Mongo, Kongo, and the Hamitic Mangbetu-Azande. French is the official language with Lingala, Kingwana, Kikongo, and Tshiluba also widely used.
|May 1||May Day|
|May 17||Liberation Day|
|June 30||Independence Day|
|July 31||Parents’ Day observed|
|August 1||Parents’ Day|
|December 25||Christmas Day|
- Limited Liability
- Corporate Tax: 35%
- Income Tax (Lowest Marginal Rate): 0%
- Income Tax (Highest Marginal Rate): 40%
- VAT/GST/Sales Tax: 5% (lowest rate), 20% (highest rate)
- Advans Banque Congo (Commercial Bank)
- Afriland First Bank (Commercial Bank)
- Banque Commerciale du Congo, Kinshasa (Commercial Bank)
- BGFIBank DRC (Commercial Bank)
- Citibank (Commercial Bank)
- Ecobank (Commercial Bank)
- First International Bank (Commercial Bank)
- Procredit Bank (Commercial Bank)
- Rawbank (Commercial Bank)
- Stanbic Bank (Commercial Bank)
- Trust Merchant Bank (Commercial Bank)
- United Bank for Africa (Commercial Bank)
- Banque Commerciale Internationale (BCI) (Commercial Bank)
- La Congolaise de Banque (LCB) (Commercial Bank)
- Bangue Postale du Congo (BPC) (Commercial Bank)
- Bank Congolaise de l’Habitat (BCH) (Commercial Bank)
Aadmi can support you with your expansion to Congo – Kinshasa (Democratic Republic of Congo). Our team of experts in country manage every aspect of your expansion from incorporation, accounting, legal, and even administrative concerns. Matched with Global People Strategist’s powerful labor compliance software, your company is in good hands.
Contact us today for more information about how your company can benefit from using Aadmi as your global expansion partner.