Comoros History, Geography, and Culture
Comoros is an archipelago of islands in the Indian Ocean, off the eastern coast of Africa. First settled by Bantu speakers who came from East Africa, as well as by Arabs and Austronesians, it was colonized by the French during the 19th century, before becoming independent in 1975.
The three main islands of the archipelago are: Ngazidja (Grande Comore), Mwali (Mohéli) and Ndzuani (Anjouan). It has fewer than a million inhabitants, and its main languages are Arabic, French, Comoran (a blend of Swahili and Arabic). Most of the people identify as Muslim.
|March 11||Isra and Mi’raj|
|March 18||Cheikh Al Maarouf Day|
|May 1||Labour Day|
|May 13||Eid al-Fitr|
|May 14||Eid al-Fitr Holiday|
|May 15||Eid al-Fitr Holiday|
|July 6||National Day|
|July 20||Eid al-Adha|
|July 21||Eid al-Adha Holiday|
|October 19||The Prophet’s Birthday|
|November 12||Maore Day|
- Limited Liability
- Corporate Tax: N/A
- Income Tax (Lowest Marginal Rate): N/A
- Income Tax (Highest Marginal Rate): N/A
- VAT/GST/Sales Tax: N/A
- Development Bank of Comoros (Commercial Bank)
- Federal Bank of Commerce (Commercial Bank)
- Bank for Industry and Commerce (Commercial Bank)
- Exim Bank (Comoros) (Commercial Bank)
- New York Securities Bank (Commercial Bank)
- Societe Nationale des Postes et Services Financiers (Commercial Bank)
- Exim Bank Comores SA (Commercial Bank)
Aadmi can support you with your expansion to Comoros. Our team of experts in country manage every aspect of your expansion from incorporation, accounting, legal, and even administrative concerns. Matched with Global People Strategist’s powerful labor compliance software, your company is in good hands.
Contact us today for more information about how your company can benefit from using Aadmi as your global expansion partner.