Chad Geography, History, and Culture
Located in the north of the African continent, Chad is bordered by Niger, Nigeria, Libya and Sudan, with a population of almost 12 million people. After having been colonized by France, Chad gained independence in 1960, becoming an oil producing nation by 2003.
The geography of Chad includes a desert zone in the north, a dry belt in the centre and a more fertile zone in the south. Lake Chad, after which the country is named, is the largest wetland in Chad and the second-largest in Africa. The capital is N’Djamena which is also the largest city. Official languages are Arabic and French and most people identify as Muslim (at 55%), followed by Christianity (at 40%).
|April 5||Easter Monday|
|May 1||May Day|
|May 13||Eid al-Fitr|
|July 20||Eid al-Adha|
|August 11||Independence Day|
|October 19||The Prophet’s Birthday|
|November 1||All Saints’ Day|
|November 28||Proclamation of the Republic|
|November 29||Proclamation of the Republic observed|
|December 1||Freedom and Democracy Day|
|December 25||Christmas Day|
- Limited Liability
- Corporate Tax: N/A
- Income Tax (Lowest Marginal Rate): N/A
- Income Tax (Highest Marginal Rate): N/A
- VAT/GST/Sales Tax: N/A
- Ecobank (Commercial Bank)
- Banque Arabe Soudano – Tchadienne (Commercial Bank)
- Commercial Bank of Tchad (Commercial Bank)
- Banque de Développement du Tchad (Commercial Bank)
- Banque Internationale pour la Reconstruction & Developpement (Commercial Bank)
- Banque Internationale pour l’Afrique au Tchad (BIAT) (Commercial Bank)
- Banque Tchadienne de Crédit et de Dépôt (BTCD) (Commercial Bank)
- Banque Sahélo-Saharienne pour l’Investissement et le Commerce (Commercial Bank)
- FINADEV Microfinance Bank (Commercial Bank)
Aadmi can support you with your expansion to Chad. Our team of experts in country manage every aspect of your expansion from incorporation, accounting, legal, and even administrative concerns. Matched with Global People Strategist’s powerful labor compliance software, your company is in good hands.
Contact us today for more information about how your company can benefit from using Aadmi as your global expansion partner.