Botswana Culture, History, and Statistics
One of Africa’s most stable, multi-party democracies, Botswana is a small, sparsely populated country with immense wilderness preserves. Safari-based tourism is an important and vital part of the economy, with diamond production a close second.
Although very hard hit by the HIV/AIDS epidemic (over 20% of its population affected), Botswana has embarked on an ambitious education program to inform its population on preventative measures. It continues to support and maintain a thriving tourism sector in spite of its challenges on the health front. With very diverse areas of wildlife habitat, Botswana provides grasslands and savannas, with habitats for animals such as blue wildebeest, antelopes, and other mammals such as the African wild dog and African elephants.
The Tswana are the largest ethnic group in Botswana, making up approximately 79% of the population, followed by Kalanga at 11% and the San (Basarwa) at 3%. There are also Indians and people of European descent.
|April 2||Good Friday|
|April 3||Holy Saturday|
|April 5||Easter Monday|
|May 1||Labour Day|
|May 13||Ascension Day|
|July 1||Sir Seretse Khama Day|
|July 19||President’s Day|
|July 20||Public Holiday (July)|
|September 30||Botswana Day|
|October 1||Public Holiday (October)|
|December 25||Christmas Day|
|December 26||Boxing Day|
|December 27||Day off for Boxing Day|
- Limited Liability
- Corporate Tax: 22%
- Income Tax (Lowest Marginal Rate): 0%
- Income Tax (Highest Marginal Rate): 25%
- VAT/GST/Sales Tax: 12%
- ABN AMRO (Commercial Bank)
- ABN AMRO Outside Banking Unit (Commercial Bank)
- BancABC (Commercial Bank)
- Bank of Baroda (Commercial Bank)
- Bank Gaborone (Commercial Bank)
- Barclays Bank (Commercial Bank)
- Capital Bank (Commercial Bank)
- First National Bank (Commercial Bank)
- Stanbic Bank (Commercial Bank)
- Standard Chartered Bank (Commercial Bank)
- Bank of Baroda (Foreign Bank)
- Bank of India (Foreign Bank)
- Barclays Bank (Foreign Bank)
Aadmi can support you with your expansion to Botswana. Our team of experts in country manage every aspect of your expansion from incorporation, accounting, legal, and even administrative concerns. Matched with Global People Strategist’s powerful labor compliance software, your company is in good hands.
Contact us today for more information about how your company can benefit from using Aadmi as your global expansion partner.