Drug Testing Abroad
Employee Drug Screening has been commonplace for many employers for the last few decades. However, when you require service outside of your home country’s borders, it’s often difficult to figure out what testing is available, legal, and accessible for your international employees.
What type of international drug testing is available?
We offer international drug testing solutions in over 80 countries to ensure your drug testing program’s consistency. We work with top-rated SAMHSA (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration) labs and certified collection sites in over 80 countries. Tests are conducted as either 5 or 10-panel tests, according to your organization’s internal requirements.
5 Panel Testing Includes:
- THC (Marijuana)
10 Panel Testing Includes the 5 Panel Testing items, plus:
Where do we provide drug testing services and support?
Countries we currently operate drug testing services include:
|Argentina||Equatorial Guinea||Mexico||The Netherlands|
|Aruba||Egypt||New Zealand||Trinidad and Tobago|
|Austria||France||Oman||U.S. Virgin Islands|
|Bahamas||Germany||Pakistan||United Arab Emirates|
When is it appropriate to request a drug screen for my international employee?
It is vital to understand the local regulations concerning drug screening before requesting your employee or new hire to participate in testing.
Our team will provide you with the guidance necessary to compliantly request testing based on the jurisdiction requested. As these laws are highly inconsistent across borders, we give you the tools necessary to proceed compliantly and confidently in this process.
Examples of international drug testing policies:
- Drug testing in France is legal for companies to test active employees. However, an employer may not test a prospective employee until their employment contract has started. Occupational Medicine centers test employees and do not disclose the results merely if the employee is fit to be employed based on the job requirements.
- In Germany, an employer can request a candidate complete a drug screen before obtaining a signature on the employment contract. Like France, employers are not privy to seeing the individual’s results, only whether the employee may proceed with employment per the organization’s drug policies.
- Swedish employers are permitted to request drug testing for both employees and candidates for employment before contract signature. Employees must be notified well in advance. There must be a legitimate business reason to request the testing, such as the employee working in construction or security where there could be significant risks if drugs were used on the job. Screening must also be consistent to avoid any potential discrimination.
How do I request a quote for the drug screens I’d like to have conducted?
Ready to get started? Send us an email – email@example.com. Here’s what we’ll need from you:
- The country where you would like the check conducted
- Checks that you are interested in conducting – 5 panel or 10-panel drug screening
- First and Last Name of individual
- Email Address of individual