Zambia is a south-central African country, bordering Angola and the DRC. Its geography consists of a high plateau, as well as mountains and hills. The region is serviced by two major river basins, the Zambezi and the Congo. The country has a rich set of ecosystems, with the Rhodesian giraffe one of its most well-known species of wildlife.
Zambia is also rich in minerals such as copper, cobalt, zinc, lead, coal gold, silver, and uranium, access to which contributes significantly toward the growth of the country’s economy. By the year 2014, Zambia had one of the world fastest growing economies, mostly attributable to the export of natural resources.
Christianity is the primary religion and the country is made up of more than 20 ethnic groups. Zambia has more 70 spoken dialects and English is its official language.
|March 8||International Women’s Day|
|March 12||Youth Day|
|April 2||Good Friday|
|April 3||Holy Saturday|
|April 5||Easter Monday|
|May 1||Labour Day|
|May 25||Africa Freedom Day|
|July 5||Heroes’ Day|
|July 6||Unity Day|
|August 2||Farmers’ Day|
|October 18||Prayer Day|
|October 24||Independence Day|
|October 25||Day off for Independence Day|
|December 25||Christmas Day|
- Limited Liability
- Corporate Tax: 35%
- Income Tax (Lowest Marginal Rate): 10%
- Income Tax (Highest Marginal Rate): 30%
- VAT/GST/Sales Tax: 16%
- BancABC (Commercial Bank)
- Bank of China (Commercial Bank)
- Barclays Bank (Commercial Bank)
- Cavmont Bank (Commercial Bank)
- Citibank (Commercial Bank)
- Ecobank (Commercial Bank)
- Finance Bank Zambia Limited (Commercial Bank)
- First Alliance Bank Zambia Limited (Commercial Bank)
- First National Bank (South Africa) (Commercial Bank)
- Indo-Zambia Bank Limited (Commercial Bank)
- Intermarket Bank (Commercial Bank)
- International Commercial Bank (Commercial Bank)
- Investrust Bank (Commercial Bank)
- Stanbic Bank (Commercial Bank)
- Standard Chartered Bank (Zambia) (Commercial Bank)
- United Bank for Africa (Commercial Bank)
- Zambia National Commercial Bank (Commercial Bank)
Aadmi can support you with your expansion to Zambia. Our team of experts in country manage every aspect of your expansion from incorporation, accounting, legal, and even administrative concerns. Matched with Global People Strategist’s powerful labor compliance software, your company is in good hands.
Contact us today for more information about how your company can benefit from using Aadmi as your global expansion partner.