An Arab country located in the Persian Gulf, Kuwait has a population of 4.5 million people, 70% of whom are expatriates. With oil reserves having been discovered in the 1930s, Kuwait underwent massive modernization during most of the 20th century.
It was invaded by Saddam Hussein’s Iraq in 1990, resulting in the First Gulf War which ended after military intervention by a coalition led by the United States. It’s a constitutional sovereign state with a semi-democratic political system.
It is a wealthy country with the fourth-highest per capita income in the world. Kuwait has a relatively open society compared to its peers in the region, promotes the arts and culture and also houses the largest opera house in the Middle East.
Most Kuwaiti citizens are Muslims, with Indians and Egyptians comprising the majority of the expats.
|May 13||Eid al-Fitr|
|May 14||Eid al-Fitr holiday|
|May 15||Eid al-Fitr holiday|
|July 19||Waqfat Arafat Day|
|July 20||Eid al-Adha|
|July 21||Eid al-Adha holiday|
|July 22||Eid al-Adha holiday|
|August 10||Islamic New Year|
|October 19||The Prophet’s Birthday|
- Limited Liability
- Corporate Tax: 0%
- Income Tax (Lowest Marginal Rate): 0%
- Income Tax (Highest Marginal Rate): 0%
- VAT/GST/Sales Tax: 0%
- The Industrial Bank of Kuwait (Commercial Bank)
- Al Ahli Bank of Kuwait (ABK) (Commercial Bank)
- Gulf Bank (Commercial Bank)
- National Bank of Kuwait (NBK) (Commercial Bank)
- The Bank of Kuwait & the Middle East (BKME) (Commercial Bank)
- Bank of Bahrain and Kuwait (Commercial Bank)
- Burgan Bank (Commercial Bank)
- Citigroup Kuwait (Commercial Bank)
- Commercial Bank of Kuwait (Commercial Bank)
- Jordan Kuwait Bank (Commercial Bank)
- Kuwait Finance House (Commercial Bank)
- Boubyan Bank (Commercial Bank)
Aadmi can support you with your expansion to Kuwait. Our team of experts in country manage every aspect of your expansion from incorporation, accounting, legal, and even administrative concerns. Matched with Global People Strategist’s powerful labor compliance software, your company is in good hands.
Contact us today for more information about how your company can benefit from using Aadmi as your global expansion partner.