El Salvador is the smallest nation in Central America and borders the North Pacific Ocean between Guatemala and Honduras. In 1821, El Salvador won independence from Spain and in 1839, from the Central American Federation. A brutal civil war that cost 75,000 lives concluded in 1992 when the government agreed to establish a multiparty constitutional republic.
With a population of 6,172,011, El Salvador remains a very poor nation with an agricultural focus on coffee which makes up almost 90% of its exports. Spanish and Roman Catholicism are, respectively, the predominant spoken language and practiced religion in the region. Ethnic groups represented in the country include Mestizos, whites and indigenous peoples.
El Salvador has a tropical climate and is geographically situated in an area of tremendous climate volatility, including being susceptible to droughts and earthquakes. It also has very rich biodiversity with several species of wildlife that recent conservation efforts have been pushing to protect. The country’s most well-known culinary product is the pupusa, a hand-made corn tortilla stuffed with cheese, chicharrón, or refried beans.
|April 1||Maundy Thursday|
|April 2||Good Friday|
|April 3||Holy Saturday|
|May 1||Labor Day / May Day|
|May 10||Mothers’ Day|
|June 17||Fathers’ Day|
|August 6||Celebrations of San Salvador|
|September 15||Independence Day|
|November 2||All Saints Day|
|December 25||Christmas Day|
- Limited Liability
- Corporate Tax: 30%
- Income Tax (Lowest Marginal Rate): 0%
- Income Tax (Highest Marginal Rate): 30%
- VAT/GST/Sales Tax: 13%
- Banco Hipotecario de El Salvador, S.A. (State Bank)
- Banco de Fomento Agropecuario (State Bank)
- Banco Agrícola S.A. (Private Bank)
- Banco Cuscatlán (Private Bank)
- Banco Davivienda Salvadoreño, S.A. (Private Bank)
- Scotiabank El Salvador S.A (Private Bank)
- Banco de América Central S.A. (Private Bank)
- Banco Citibank de El Salvador, S.A (Private Bank)
- Banco de América Central, S.A. (Private Bank)
- Banco Promérica, S.A. (Private Bank)
- Banco G&T Continental El Salvador, S.A. (Private Bank)
- Banco Industrial El Salvador, S.A. (Private Bank)
- Banco Procredit, S.A. (Private Bank)
- Banco Azteca El Salvador, S.A. (Private Bank)
Aadmi can support you with your expansion to El Salvador. Our team of experts in country manage every aspect of your expansion from incorporation, accounting, legal, and even administrative concerns. Matched with Global People Strategist’s powerful labor compliance software, your company is in good hands.
Contact us today for more information about how your company can benefit from using Aadmi as your global expansion partner.