Burundi is a small, land-locked nation in Central Africa, bordering Tanzania and Rwanda. With a troubled history of ethnic conflicts, Burundi’s economy continues to suffer from an underdeveloped manufacturing industry as well as corruption, poor governance, low educational levels, as well as a high level of poverty.
With a population of about 11,466,756, Burundi’s ethnic groups include Hutu (85%) and Tutsi (14 and languages spoken include Swahili, English, and Kirundi, the official language. Kirundi is spoken by both the Hutu as well as the Tutsi. People of Burundi also practice several religions include Protestant Christianity (23.9%), Islam (2.5%), and Roman Catholicism which is the main religion with 62.1% of the population practicing.
|April 6||President Ntaryamira Day|
|May 1||Labour Day|
|May 13||Ascension Day|
|May 13||Eid ul Fitr|
|July 1||Independence Day|
|July 20||Eid al-Adha|
|August 15||Assumption of Mary|
|October 13||Prince Louis Rwagasore Day|
|October 21||President Ndadaye’s Day|
|November 1||All Saints’ Day|
|December 25||Christmas Day|
- Limited Liability
- Corporate Tax: 35%
- Income Tax (Lowest Marginal Rate): 0%
- Income Tax (Highest Marginal Rate): 35%
- VAT/GST/Sales Tax: 18%
- FinBank Burundi (Commercial Bank)
- Banque Commerciale du Burundi (Burundi Commercial Bank)(BANCOBU) (Commercial Bank)
- Banque de Gestion et de Financement(Banque de Gestion et de Financement) (BGF) (Commercial Bank)
- Banque Burundaise pour le Commerce et l’Investissement (Burundi Bank of Commerce and Investment) (BBCI) (Commercial Bank)
- Banque de Credit de Bujumbura (Bujumbura Credit Bank) (BCB) – A member of the Bank of Africa Group (Commercial Bank)
- CRDB Bank Burundi (Commercial Bank)
- Diamond Trust Bank Burundi (Commercial Bank)
- Ecobank Burundi (Commercial Bank)
- Interbank Burundi (IBB) (Commercial Bank)
- KCB Burundi (Commercial Bank)
- Diamond trust bank (Commercial Bank)
- Eco bank Burundi (Commercial Bank)
Aadmi can support you with your expansion to Burundi. Our team of experts in country manage every aspect of your expansion from incorporation, accounting, legal, and even administrative concerns. Matched with Global People Strategist’s powerful labor compliance software, your company is in good hands.
Contact us today for more information about how your company can benefit from using Aadmi as your global expansion partner.